Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lights, Camera, Action!

Happy Spring, p55! It's been a busy and exciting last few weeks for me! Some of my recent projects at work have been coming to fruition after weeks of planning. For example, one of my co-workers and I just produced the first three in a series of "testimonial" videos. We interviewed a number of Foundation Center users who have benefited from our trainings, library, online resources, special events, and staff expertise.

I went from having zero video experience to comforably filming, editing, adjusting lighting and audio, adding in background music, etc, etc, etc. You can see the first videos on the Foundation Center's YouTube channel ( http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFoundationCenter) or on our facebook page (facebook.com/fcnewyork).

Another exciting update is that I had a great race at the NYC 1/2 Marathon last month, and I qualified for the Olympic trials! Now I get to race in Houston, TX next January against all of the best marathoners in the country to compete for a spot in the Olympic games. I have basically NO shot of making the actual Olympic team, but just making it to the trials was a big goal of mine, and I'm thrilled to have achieved it.

Also, anyone who's feeling nostalgic for spring blossoms and lawnparties should check out this website: http://countdowntoreunions.com/

I'm definitely counting down!

No comments: