Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ignoring the intrinsic drive to move back to Princeton...

Hello all! This is my first blog post for P55, after working for about two months for Foundations, Inc. in Moorestown, NJ. Foundations, Inc. does technical assistance for all kinds of educational programs and schools across the country, and it’s been a huge educational experience for me so far!

Family and friends always ask me what I do at my job, and I still don’t have an easy answer for them. I set up meetings and take notes, I do a lot of general research, I liaison with PR and Communications, and I remember everyone’s password, among other things. At the moment I’m trying to find an online database for Iowa’s state test scores. I’m making some graphs to show the 3rd grade reading scores in eight schools we work with, and this is generally easy to find online…except in Iowa.

Anyway, it’s been neat to read about other fellows’ experiences starting out in a new place, but I am actually living back at home. Still, this summer I have already been into Philadelphia more than I ever have. I’ve lived 20 minutes away from the city my whole life and rarely visited! We’re a family that cheers on the Phillies from the couch. And I’ve become best friends with the New Jersey Turnpike during my 40-minute commute. I’m planning to save the money I could be spending on rent and food and put it towards…whatever comes next. It could be grad school, or not.

Well, back to work!

No comments: