Wednesday, February 2, 2011

CEP in 2011

So I wrote and attempted to post this Monday, but our phones and Internet have been down so I'm just getting to it today!

I’ve been out of town for the past few weeks so today was my first day back at CEP. I missed everyone! My coworkers and supervisor have been so supportive and I so appreciate them all--- I’m happy to be back in the office.

I’m basically just getting back into the swing of things right now. We had our usual Monday morning staff meeting today, and following that we were able to watch DVDs submitted by four of our 2010 National Schools of Character. We had asked the winning schools to create videos addressing how character has impacted the students, teachers, and community at their school, and it was really neat to watch them! So often we just think of the schools, students, and teachers as numbers and statistics, so it was cool to have the opportunity to actually see the real impact of character ed. on the students.
During lunch, my co-fellow Cam and I headed over to the White House (only about 2 blocks from our office!) to see if there were more protests happening for Egypt. I had run down there yesterday and there was a HUGE crowd of people holding signs and chanting things, but I guess the cold weather and the workday deterred people today because no one was there. Still, it’s always exciting to live in DC!

And to echo other Fellows' posts, please reach out to us if you have any questions. Leif, Cam, and I are happy to help!

No comments: