Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Greetings from a sunny island...

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying summer. I thought I'd post a quick check-in to say hello and to share my excitement for the upcoming fellowship year. Part of that excitement has extended to looking up nearby fishing and hiking spots, hunting for kitchen supplies and reading up on federal policy on energy efficiency and affordable housing. I'll be working in Stamford, CT together with Mary T. at the Housing Development Fund, Inc. starting mid-July. I'm at home right now in Singapore and enjoying the company of family and friends. In the meantime, here's a handy tip I've found - setting up a budget on Mint.com has really helped me to think about how to allocate funds towards savings goals and current needs. I hope this will be helpful to you too as you think about the upcoming fellowship year! It is certainly the first time I've had to think about paying rent and utilities...


Enjoy! 

No comments: