Tuesday, October 26, 2010

This Month

I recently went to the first Princeton AlumniCorps panel discussion. The purpose was to discuss being a Board Member of a non-profit, and how to go about it, what it entails etc. I do not plan on joining a Board of a non-profit anytime in the near future, but found it interesting to hear others discuss their experiences, and concerns. So, if any of you are reading this blog, and are interested in volunteering for a local non-profit, or joining a board, you should contact John Shriver.

On a completely different topic, I urge you to go see Waiting For Superman if you have not done so already. This is the second documentary that I have seen discussing Educational Reform, and I found them both to be inspiring. True, I am biased, but nonetheless, I recommend it. There is a lot that pertains specifically to DC, and the current Educational debate that has been going on during the Mayoral election.

No comments: