Friday, December 3, 2010

Tigers, Tigers Burning bright

I own a ridiculous amount of Princeton paraphernalia. Between four years of p-rades, countless studybreaks and res college events, and the free cross country team gear, I could probably survive for a frighteningly long time wearing only orange and black. This means that when I go running, I'm more often than not wearing something that identifies my affiliation with Princeton. I often see other people in Princeton gear, and sometimes we make eye contact and I give a knowing smile.

When I run before work, I'm typically in a bit of a haze. At the start of my run, the sun isn't up and most of my brain is still asleep, too. Today, right as I turned into central park, I caught up to a man running ahead of me. He looked pretty goofy with his thin white hair sticking out of his wool hat with a tassel on top. He was wearing a Princeton sweatshirt. I was wearing a Princeton Cross Country vest. As I pulled even with him, he startled me by yelling,

"Princeton! Class of '59!"

I turned and yelled back "class of '10!".

He yelled after me "Go tigers!"

If only I'd stopped to give him a locomotive...next time!

No comments: