Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Learning to Juggle

I've been at Umoja for about 7.5 months and the job looks very different now than it did when I first began at the end of July. I used to have much more time to work on lesson plans, coordinate trips, etc. for the Writers Workshop that I've been running. I would then help facilitate Student Leadership for three hours a week and assist in Umoja-wide events as needed. Now, I've stepped into a more active role in Student Leadership so I attend planning meetings, continue to help facilitate, and I help execute various initiatives. I continue to increase the speed with which I complete tasks (without sacrificing quality). It has been exciting to see my own professional growth in terms of speed, decision making, and managing of multiple projects.

------------

In other news, I’m now at a point where I’m wondering where I want to be next year. I’m torn between returning to NYC (my hometown) and staying in Chicago, a city I really have grown to love (thanks to my coworkers, students, and the fellows/Princeton network here). Hopefully I figure things out soon!

No comments: