Thursday, March 17, 2011

Talent for Hire

Hi P55! I recently wrote a blog post for the Foundation Center about that NYT article about recent grads flocking to the nonprofit sector. Rather than re-hash it here, I'm just going to share the link. Please check it out and let me know what you think! How does the article compare with your own experience/observations? What do you think about the questions of long-term sustainability in this trend? http://pndblog.typepad.com/pndblog/2011/03/talent-for-hire.html Here at the Foundation Center we just finished up interviewing candidates to replace me, which was an exciting and strange experience. Meeting with each of the candidates, I was impressed by how qualified and genuine everyone seemed. Explaining my job gave me occasion to think carefully about how to articulate all of the pros and cons of my experience so far. I also enjoyed reflecting on how much can change in a year. I remember all too well working on my thesis at this time last year, my future plans highly uncertain. Good luck to all the applicants! You're in for a great experience. This weekend I'm signed up to run the NYC 1/2 Marathon on Sunday. I'm very excited! The course is a great one. It starts with one loop of central park. Then we will run through Time Square, out to the West side highway, and down to Battery Park. I'm hoping to run a fast time. The race will be full of elites -- American Olympians and foreign superstars alike! So, wish me luck!

No comments: