Monday, August 9, 2010

First week: Chicago and CNT Energy

I packed up my car and drove over to Chicago a little over a week ago. After lugging my stuff up to my second floor apartment in Wicker Park and amassing/assembling furniture, I started my first day of work at CNT Energy this past Thursday. My first few days consisted mainly of figuring out a lot of administrative stuff (getting my email/login accounts set up, meeting with the HR person, learning about the various software used for energy auditing and organization, finding out whom to talk to for what, etc). My job title is "Energy Analyst," and I'll be working with the Energy Savers team within CNT Energy. So far I've found that everyone in the office is extremely knowledgeable and willing to help. Tomorrow I'll be tagging along on an energy audit and later this week I'll be attending a six-day training course to become certified as a Building Analyst-- lots to learn!!

Outside of work, I had some time last week to have lunch with my Project 55 mentor, explore Wicker Park and downtown Chicago a bit, to go the Lincoln Park Zoo and visit the Art Institute. I'm looking forward to the picnic tonight in Millennium Park to see what everyone's first few weeks have been like!

No comments: