Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Back to normal

Work at Echoing Green has been full to the brim lately. In period of three weeks, I traveled to conferences in East Lansing, MI, Madison, WI, and Tempe, AZ (along with non work related trips back to Princeton.) I think it’s taken me a while to adjust to NY because of all of the hopping around. It’s always interesting to travel and meet other people who are working in our space but in slightly different capacities. My boss and I, the two people at Echoing Green who work full time on the Work on Purpose program, have learned a lot about how to define our work and Work on Purpose’s goals through our conversations with other professionals from around the country. The travel was great, but definitely exhausting and now that we’re done with a batch of conferences, it’s nice to return to regular work hours and a more normal pace.

Because my program is new at Echoing Green, my job has developed and changed quite a bit in the past few months. When I started, my work was much more focused on the book, Work on Purpose, but since we have grown our offerings, my position has changed too. I now do more work preparing for our Work on Purpose workshops, I attend events as a representative of Echoing Green, and am able to take more ownership over projects.

In the past few weeks, we’ve been working intensively on the new website, which officially launched today! I’d really encourage you to check it out and make a profile. The site is all about creating an online space Millennials to build a community around building purposeful careers with social impact. Now that the site has finally launched (when I started, the tentative launch date was October) it’s going to be really interesting to see how people interact with it.

Outside of work, when I’m not catching up on sleep from our traveling, I’ve really taken advantage of the mild winter to walk around the city on the weekends. After growing up in the suburbs, it’s great to be in the city where everything is more or less accessible by walking or the subway.

No comments: