Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Spring!

The days are getting longer and the weather’s getting warmer – the winter is almost over! It’s been a mild season for New York, but I’m not a cold-weather person at all. I’m happy that I finally feel comfortable leaving my well-insulated room and exploring the city. The longer I live here, the more I realize that New York is vast – it truly takes a lifetime to explore everything that this place has to offer. I’m really looking forward to the free concerts and afternoons in the park that will definitely come along with the onset in warm weather.

I can’t get too far ahead of myself, though. Before spring truly arrives, I have tons of work to finish here at the New Heights office – from writing grant applications and securing new funders to producing tons of new marketing material for the spring and summer. The entire office is gearing up for MADNESS, our annual fundraising event and NCAA tournament party, so I’m certain that there will be no shortage of event planning work for me in the upcoming weeks. At times like this, the office is pretty hectic, but also incredibly upbeat. We’re all aware that we are a team and that our nonprofit’s success depends on everyone doing their share – everyone is always eager to help one another out, which is something that I really appreciate.

Hope everyone is enjoying their February as much as I am!

No comments: