Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Seeing as NYC tends to be quite expensive...

... I figured I should share this really handy email list I was recently informed of. It's called The Skint (subscribe for free at theskint.com), and it sends a daily list of free and/or cheap events that are happening around the city. On my lunch break today, for instance, my co-worker and I wandered over to this free outdoor NASA exhibit... it was probably geared more toward the elementary school age crowd, but we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves nonetheless. Events like these are a great way to get out and explore some of the city without having to pay a fortune.

Speaking of free events, there's also going to be a free Mini-Reunion (complete with free drinks and Hors d'Oeuvres!) for the class of 2011 at the Princeton Club on August 31 - you can check out more info on the facebook event page (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=188068284592415).


I can't believe that I've been working for a little over two months already and that the summer is almost starting to wind down. Work is going pretty well - my organization is trying to expand, so we're currently a bit all over the place trying to figure out exactly what that means for us and how to do it successfully. I'm hoping that we will have a settled plan soon and can start to move forward, but for the moment it's really interesting being a part of the process and seeing all of the different factors that go into decisions like this. Where we go from here may change the future direction of the organization, so it's great to be a part of. I just wish work could involve more sunlight... oh well, I guess I'll just have to go to more free outdoor events...

No comments: