Wednesday, August 10, 2011

There is No Way that it's August Already

Ok so I KNOW everyone has written about time flying and I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here but seriously....I can't believe it's Aug. I feel like yesterday I started working (June) and there is just no way that months have passed and I didn't notice.
So I started to reflect and wonder why might these months have sped past? Am i having such an exhilarating work experience that time simply flew past me? Or maybe they're keeping me so busy that I barely notice time passing? I thought really hard and realized I couldn't come up with one single thing, but rather like a gazillion answers. I had a different reason for why each week had blown by so quickly.
Whether it was laundry, dishes, or crunch time at work, visiting family, meeting up with friends, running errands, keeping up w/personal emails, traveling to NY to visit Princeton peeps, cleaning the apartment, making it to that friends b-day party, grocery shopping, balancing the monthly budget/bills, getting in your weekly jog, yoga, gym, or aerobics class, and MAYBE breathing if you get a chance. After this reflection I called about 2 other fellows who simply laughed at the fact that they knew EXACTLY what i was talking about. I mean it's not like Pton is easy or anything but this real life thing certainly isn't a walk in the park if you know what I'm saying. I know everyone's experience is slightly different but I feel like pretty much you all can relate...or maybe not and it's just me..making this yet another awkward moment for my novice blogging career. lol but it's all good.
So how do we manage this crazy-ness aka "the real world?"
My answer: I have no idea...just as new to it as you all. :-) But I Googled it and thought that some of you might find these tips helpful.

1. "Stop and relax. When someone has so many things to accomplish, pressure will only lead to stress. Once you are into this dreary state, getting out of it might take days, weeks, or even months - depending on your level of motivation. Organize your thoughts in order to better organize that tight schedule."


2. If relaxing, and planning properly and all that good stuff doesn't work for you then you should at least talk to someone about it. This month I finally met up with my mentor and she ROCKS!! Like honestly i was so surprised by how well we clicked even though we didn't have that much in common but the best part is everything that I was explaining to her...she had experienced and had great tips for me. And they're SO eager to help. And even when she was stumped I was happy to just be able to vent. You know...vent about the stuff that goes on that you CAN'T blog about. lol ;-) But seriously even if it's not your mentor...talk to someone. It can't hurt.

So those are my two tips...a bunch of other stuff happened in Aug/July but those were the two most imp thing i learned that I'll def carry with me through the rest of the year. ps those of you in the D dot C we should hang out!! I know a bunch of great places so shoot me an email and let's make something happen

Happy fellowing,
Kahina

No comments: