Friday, September 23, 2011

Two of my favorite things:

Wine tasting and networking! This has been a Princeton-filled week, and I've had a good time meeting new people, going to new places, and doing a bit of networking. On Tuesday I went to the young alumni trivia night at Laughing Man Tavern--I wasn't great at the trivia questions, but I think I definitely held my own. (Fun fact: Did you know that the Titanic was part of the Royal Mail Service and sank with tons of letters and packages?) Then, on Thursday I went to the PCW kick-off wine tasting event. My co-fellow Sarah and I arrived really early at the event (fashionably early?), so we got a chance to talk to a few of the organizers before the big crowd arrived. There were also a LOT of '11s, plus my mentor--tons of people to get to know better. It was nice to see new and old Princeton faces. Something I've come to appreciate throughout my fellowship is how lucky I am to have a community down here in D.C., even though I'm no longer in the automatic community that is college.

It's been especially nice to have these opportunities to socialize and relax this week since work has been getting more and more intense. The event I'm helping plan--CEP's National Forum on Character Education--draws near, and we're in the thick of preparations. Next month at this time I'll be traveling back to D.C. from the Forum in San Francisco!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We were definitely fashionable!