Monday, October 24, 2011

Can't believe it is almost winter

Hi everyone,

I've been at my job about five months--and I honestly have no idea how the time went by so quickly. Although I do sometimes get a bit bored at my job, I still love what I do, the people I work with and feel pretty lucky to be working a field that is so directly relevant to what I want to do in my future career. I try to find other useful/productive things to do with my free time at work but it is difficult--often I am waiting for court cases to be called, and thus am forced to stand around, or simply can't think of much more that I could do in my office. It has, however, given me PLENTY of time to work on my law school apps . I do worry a lot about whether or not I am doing the best I can at my job--in particular, I stress over how I represent the Choices program in court since I am the only representative in the court house (thus, I often feel it is up to me to present our program in the best light possible). Simultaneously, however, I feel like no matter what I do--how much I try to get lawyers to parole their kids to Choices--ultimately the judge is going to do whatever the judge wants to do.

Hopefully this provides anyone who is interested a bit of insight into my job--and I suppose my mind. Have a great weekend!

-Steph

No comments: