Monday, October 10, 2011

Transitions

I can’t believe it has already been three months since I began working at the Primary Care Coalition (PCC).

Just as I thought I was getting the swing of things in September, however, one of my supervisors (I had two) left PCC.  After some transition work and change of responsibilities, I was once again getting comfortable with what I would be doing for the rest of the year.

Then, my other supervisor decided to leave.  This week is her last week, and her absence means that the main project I work on is without leadership.  They are planning to hire a replacement, but in the interim, I will work with a team to sustain that project.  We had begun building on its groundwork to begin another project looking at care transitions, but it is definitely still in the planning stages and needs a person or people to devote the time and energy to developing, spearheading, and selling it.  

My responsibilities are thus changing once again – PCC will be a very different place after my second supervisor leaves.  I think I will have to adapt to working closely with different people and having (more) and different responsibilities.

No comments: