Sunday, October 2, 2011

Holy Guacamole, It's October!

Apologies for my absence, avid readers of the AlumniCorps blog! September flew by in a haze of Free Library strategic planning, Reading Terminal Market farmstand shifts, Philly Fringe shows, and bizarrely humid fall weather. However, the arrival of October coincided with a shift in the weather, resulting in a wonderfully brisk fall weekend, and my realization that I had yet to blog about my September for your eagerly awaiting eyes.

So, my September, in a nutshell: I started taking French classes at Alliance Francaise on the recommendation of a co-worker/friend, which has fueled fantasies of moving to France at the end of my fellowship to take an immersive French course and enroll at Le Cordon Bleu. I have continued volunteering with Fair Food Philadelphia. I've been working at their farmstand in Reading Terminal Market on Saturdays (now all day as opposed to just the afternoons) and have gotten involved in their farm tours and heritage breed programs. I'm soaking up all of the awesomeness that is the local food scene in Philadelphia. There are so many different organizations focusing on bringing local produce, meats, and dairy to the food deserts that dot Philadelphia.

No comments: