Monday, October 10, 2011

More great work, and a move

It’s been a busy past few weeks, and things continue to be very exciting at the office. The work that I do has been quite varied, which has built up my knowledge base about a number of different fields, like school turnaround, community engagement, and college access, among others. It’s been great to visit a number of schools in the past month and see the fantastic work that’s happening at so many of them. And since CityBridge values school visits, I’m looking forward to seeing more and more going forward. I’ve gotten to participate in many interesting meetings lately, including one recently with the DC Schools Chancellor and Deputy Mayor for Education.

On the personal front, I just moved into an apartment in Gallery Place last weekend. After much unpacking and Ikea furniture-assembly, I’m finally getting to explore the area. There’s a lot going on in the area, and it’s in a very central location. It’s hard to beat being a few blocks from the National Mall!

No comments: