Saturday, November 26, 2011

Blogging

I like to tell people that Project 55 fellowships are a lot more than just the job.  We have mentors, seminars, and social events; plus, fellows become part of new communities of Princetonians through our cities and AlumniCorps.  However, I've recently realized that another part of my fellowship has had a big impact on me: blogging.  I've enjoyed having the chance to write about my experience as a fellow at CEP and in DC throughout the year.  I don't do a lot of extended writing at CEP (Sarah has that covered) but I love to write, so it's great that I've been able to continue to write through this blog.

In fact, my positive experience with this blog inspired me to create my own blog!  I recently started a new blog, dinnerisvegan.blogspot.com, where I record the recipes for and write about the food that my roommates and I cook/bake in our apartment.  I'm vegan and they're both omnivores, so it's fun to keep track of what we eat.  I'm really excited about this blog, especially since I learned that the new AlumniCorps Chairman John Fish is interested in thinking about food and would like to expand AlumniCorps' engagement with food issues.  It's been great to see how my personal interests and AlumniCorps interests are growing together so nicely.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I can vouch for the fact that Carol's vegan cooking is AMAZING--definitely check out her blog!!