Thursday, January 6, 2011

Belated December Post

A few cool/fun things that happened in December:

1. The Writers Workshop ended for the semester. On the final day of the program, we gave each student 3 chapbooks (that we printed in the office... Check out the pic. I don't think they look too shabby) with their poems that they had been working on throughout the semester. We had pizza, juice, cookies, and fun celebrating the students' hard work.



2. My supervisor took me (and the two other women she is supervising this year) out to breakfast at Sweet Maple. I'm not much of a breakfast person, but it was delicious! When I was walking towards the restaurant, I wasn't sure of the exact address... and I literally followed the smell of the food. It was really nice to start the morning out of the office, with good food, in good company, and to be recognized for our work.

3. I went home to NYC!!! It was a lot of fun catching up with friends and family. I even took a trip to Princeton to visit a former coworker at Butler College Office. When I met up with friends in Manhattan (I'm from Brooklyn), I felt like such a tourist. I forgot just how busy the city is and gets during the holiday season. I also forgot how beautiful the lights in Times Square are as well as the holiday lights throughout the city. While I was in town, NYC had a snow storm--- about 20+ inches of snow. Why was the weather worse in NYC than Chicago? The weather forced me to stay indoors for two days which was probably for the best; it forced me to rest (something I haven't been too good at doing). I returned to Chicago the afternoon on the 1st after ringing in the New Year with Princeton friends. It was hard saying "see you later" to NYC but it's nice to be back in the midwest (where they seem to know a little more about cleaning snow).


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For another great Wheaton breakfast restaurant I recommend Egglectic Cafe.