Monday, January 31, 2011

Learning about AlumniCorps

Hi All!
Jennie and I are using this post to reach out to prospective fellows: By now we've received a few e-mails asking about our experiences at the Manhattan District Attorney's Office, and we just want to say feel free to keep them coming. Looking through the position postings as a prospective fellow last year, I knew I wanted to do something in law/government but never took the time to contact fellows who had the positions I was hoping to apply for. Luckily, I landed what I consider an amazing, AMAZING job -- in Major Economic Crimes-- but admittedly I should have done more research. While I don't think you can go wrong in any of the fellowships, certain positions are better tailored to certain people. I can comfortably say that a job involving the great outdoors would have been a less than stellar match for me...
With that, Jennie and I are happy to answer specific questions about the day-to-day of the DA's office and to offer a better sense of what to expect. I.e. if you hate looking at bank statements, and the idea of tracing money leaves you less than enthused, perhaps you would be better suited for the trial division. I think I speak for most fellow when I say reach out, send some e-mails!

No comments: