Monday, January 31, 2011

February already?

I think my title sets the tone clearly: I can't believe January 2011 has come and gone -- especially when I am still dating documents "2010." January in New York has been cold and snowy (read: messy), but it has also been exciting. Our recent trip to the New York City Ballet was an eye-opening experience. As someone whose ballet career ended at the age of four and a first-timer at the New York City Ballet, I was in complete awe of Lincoln Center. The chance to see a few moments of the Swan Lake rehearsal, tour back stage with a member of the ballet corps, and hear about his life and work was truly a privilege. A big THANK YOU to everyone at Project 55 who made that night happen!

As I sign off, I will leave you with some advice for surviving January in New York City:

Ladies -- leave the pumps at home (or in the office).

To all -- invest in some tall, heavy-duty boots. Stepping in a slush puddle that is six inches deeper than you anticipate can be a very upsetting experience!

No comments: