Monday, January 10, 2011

Likely my Last "Slow" Day

My supervisor returns tomorrow from a series of trips that had her away since before Christmas, so I figured I'd blog now. Lots of stuff has been going on, like planning for the Beyond School Hours Conference in Atlanta in late February.

My office was closed for the entire week between Christmas and New Year's, and it was great. It would have been the first true winter break without work, had I not had graduate applications due...

But those are (almost) done, and now I can set some work-related resolutions for myself:

1. Be more productive, already. It's not a concrete goal, but I definitely need to use the LeechBlock add-on more often.
2. Use that workout room. In the place I actually used to have my desk is now a workout room with two treadmills, an elliptical, a bike, and a flat-screen TV. Sweet. The gym near my house is way overpriced anyway.
3. Do more outside "stuff": Whether it be seminars, meet-ups with my mentor, or visiting schools in Philadelphia. I'm not a huge fan of changing up my schedule and going to different places, but I want to become one.

I guess that's all for now. I'm very thankful that my Tuesday tomorrow is not a date with the Dean!!!

No comments: