Saturday, July 17, 2010

Settled in DC

I have successfully settled myself in DC. I have an apartment, a bike, and a computer - seems like all the necessary essentials. Sara came through, and gave some of us a run of good spots in the city, and an update on the new Princeton Alumni Corps. It's pretty incredible how young the demographic is here. (Especially in the summertime with all of the internships to be had). I have figured out the metro system, and purchased a SmarTrip card, (which makes a huge difference), but have also come to love the bus system for my job. Metro's Next Bus feature makes it really easy to get to the bus stop within minutes of the bus, and trip planner tells you all the necessary steps you need to take. I really think that not having a car is going to be pretty feasible.

No comments: